RE: Real World Advantages of Office / Word 2007 and Windows 7

Subject: RE: Real World Advantages of Office / Word 2007 and Windows 7
From: Debbie Hemstreet <D_Hemstreet -at- rambam -dot- health -dot- gov -dot- il>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 11:51:43 +0000

I was forced into Word 2010 for my new job. I have to admit, I was a bit phased in the beginning, and needed a bit of help to figure things out. But after a couple of weeks, it was smooth sailing. I'm now back to creating my advanced templates for documentation, and have made some very nice things.

The ribbon really freaked me out at first. But I took a couple of days to just sit, study, look at them, and I have to admit, I LOVE the Page Layout ribbon, and find a lot of things go much faster with Word 2010. So much so that I find 2003 a pain at home. But I have it at home because of my private clients who have not upgraded, and, truthfully, I can't afford 2010 since it costs extra (or so I'm told) to get it with full bilingual capability in Hebrew.

I'd make the jump.

One interesting note. I just worked on a document in Word 2010 which I absolutely could not create a PDF of via Word, or Adobe Acrobat - no way no how. Got the brilliant idea to save it in *.doc format, and the PDF came out just right.

So -- nothing is perfect!

Hope this helps!

Deborah
(now back in Israel)