RE: "Internet Standard (STD)" - phrase known by Web programmers ?

Subject: RE: "Internet Standard (STD)" - phrase known by Web programmers ?
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Monique Semp <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>, TechWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 12:40:04 -0400

Something political is going on here. Nobody sane dictates
an explicit REQUIREMENT for lack of clarity, unless they
have an ulterior motive.

I do hope that you have been preserving all the IN-WRITING
exchanges on this matter. If it's not useful in an
employed-anymore-or-not situation, it might still come
in handy at annual review time, when your "plays well
with others" is called into question.

If they haven't been in writing, then now is definitely
the time to CYAWAM - lay out what you believe they are
asking/dictating, and "I just want to be sure that I have
not somehow misunderstood, and that you are intentionally
overriding my concerns, in the area of my own expertise,
that:

a) you wish me to use your term "internet standards" in
place of a short, simple explanation that would ensure
the maximum number of readers has a successful outcome
with our product

b) your term "internet standards" has no formal definition

c) you wish to limit the successful audience to just that
subset of all [web developers?] who have exactly and precisely
your formal education and your experience, culminating in
a precisely congruent understanding of your term "internet standards"

d) whatever else you can think of to insert here........ "

or disclosing it.

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help