Re: Dilbert Today

Subject: Re: Dilbert Today
From: Suzette Leeming <suzette -dot- leeming -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Bruce Megan (ST-CO/ENS2.5-NA)" <Megan -dot- Bruce -at- us -dot- bosch -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 11:01:08 -0400

We have more than our share of wordsmiths as well, but rather than take the
attitude that I'm the expert and therefore can never be wrong, I seek to
understand how it is wrong and how it can be better.

Comprehension is important to me; if any of my audience (even engineers)
feels that something is hard to understand, then I have not met my
objective.

Suzette Leeming


On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Bruce Megan (ST-CO/ENS2.5-NA) <
Megan -dot- Bruce -at- us -dot- bosch -dot- com> wrote:

> I thought it was funny from the opposite view....we have more than a few
> engineers that fancy themselves Word Smiths! I just don't have the heart to
> burst their bubble.
>
> Megan from Mosquito Haven Minnesota...(have one flying around my
> desk...*SMACK*....taken care of.
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: techwr-l-bounces+megan -dot- bruce=us -dot- bosch -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com[mailto:
> techwr-l-bounces+megan -dot- bruce=us -dot- bosch -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com] On Behalf
> Of Gene Kim-Eng
> Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 8:49 AM
> To: Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com
> Cc: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> Subject: Re: Dilbert Today
>
> Adams left his last tech job to become a full-time cartoonist at the
> height of the dotcom boom. I'm sure we all remember some of the rather
> dubiously-abled "ignorance is an asset" types who were getting hired as
> technical writers in those days.
>
> Gene Kim-Eng
>
>
>
> On 6/6/2012 6:01 AM, Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com wrote:
> > I don't think Scott Adams thinks too highly of our profession...
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with
> Doc-To-Help. Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need.
>
> Try Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.
>
> http://bit.ly/doc-to-help
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as megan -dot- bruce -at- us -dot- bosch -dot- com -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and
> info.
>
> Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online
> magazine at http://techwhirl.com
>
> Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public
> email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with
> Doc-To-Help. Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need.
>
> Try Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.
>
> http://bit.ly/doc-to-help
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as suzette -dot- leeming -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-
>
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
> http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and
> info.
>
> Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online
> magazine at http://techwhirl.com
>
> Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public
> email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives
>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with Doc-To-Help. Choose your authoring formats and get any output you may need.

Try Doc-To-Help, now with MS SharePoint integration, free for 30-days.

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com


Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at http://techwhirl.com

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives


Follow-Ups:

References:
Dilbert Today: From: Brian.Henderson
Re: Dilbert Today: From: Gene Kim-Eng
RE: Dilbert Today: From: Bruce Megan (ST-CO/ENS2.5-NA)

Previous by Author: Re: Dilbert Today
Next by Author: Re: Ago
Previous by Thread: Re: Dilbert Today
Next by Thread: Re: Dilbert Today


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads