RoboHelp 9 glossary problem

Subject: RoboHelp 9 glossary problem
From: Becca <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: tech2wr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 15:13:20 -0700 (PDT)

(I posted about this on HATT and didn't get an answer - they don't seem to be terribly active right now)

I've got a small help file I've developed for a class. I used RoboHelp's expanding glossary feature, but I really don't like the fact that the expansion looks like regular text, and can be confusing.

I need either to format the expanded text differently than normal text, so it shows up as an inclusion, or (preferably) use text only popups (balloon text) for my definitions.

This seems to be the perfect use for snippets.  Unfortunately, snippets don't seem to work in balloon text or in popups.

Is there a better way to handle definitions? suggestions, please?

my help file currently lives here, if you want to look at it (I'd love suggestions for improving it)

http://stu.wccnet.edu/~rprice/Eng218/Calibre%20Help/

"Grant us, in our direst need, the smallest gifts: the nail of the horseshoe, the pin of the axle, the feather at the pivot point, the pebble at the mountain's peak, the kiss in despair, the one right word. In darkness, understanding."

Paladin of Souls (HB page 35), Lois McMaster Bujold

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help