Office 2010 and MadCap Flare?

Subject: Office 2010 and MadCap Flare?
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 10:25:01 -0400

I had Office 2007 and Flare 8.1 (among many other tools).

Enough people said that Office 2010 was Office 2007 done right, that I requested and got the upgrade. That was Tuesday. This morning, I unlocked my computer and gazed at my two-head display to orient myself and get started. There was Flare. There were a couple of browser windows and some stacked Windows Explorer windows. Outlook was buried and I clicked in the task bar to bring it forward.

Boom. Message that MS Office is having a problem and must close... which it does as soon as I acknowledge the error.

But then, I notice that Flare has disappeared, too.

I'm a sample of one, so it's likely a co-inkydink, but has anybody else noticed a tie-in between Office 2010 and .NET that didn't seem as strong in Office 2007 and earlier?

Save early. Save often.

On the other side of the coin, up until late last year, I had Windows XP and I would frequently get Flare/.NET complaint messages, from which I could resume work, but which caused me enough distrust that I'd Save, Close, and re-launch each time. That was a twice-to-thrice-weekly occurrence.

Since having Flare and .NET on Windows 7, I don't believe I've seen a single one of those Flare/.NET "my tummy doesn't feel good" messages. Progress is a piecemeal thing.

-k

or disclosing it.

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help