TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:Experience with Distance Learning Courses From:Roger Renteria <roger -dot- renteria -at- gmail -dot- com> To:techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com Date:Sun, 19 Aug 2012 15:22:37 -0600
I'm working on an article for the site and I would like to hear about your
experience attending distance learning / online based courses. What are
- How do you feel about the online environment vs. traditional lecture
- What are your advantages or disadvantages with DL courses?
- Do you feel it's worth taking DL courses?
- Do you still get the same kind of instructor to student interaction
attending courses online?
- Would you like to share any positive or negative experiences with your
If you have any other thoughts or feelings that you would like to
contribute, I would greatly appreciate it! If you are interested in being
interviewed, I would like to talk to you.