Re: A new point about fonts to argue and speculate over

Subject: Re: A new point about fonts to argue and speculate over
From: Richard L Hamilton <dick -at- rlhamilton -dot- net>
To: John Allred <john2 -at- allrednet -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 12:45:30 -0800

True, though I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that the "fledgling designer" was the candidate:-). I would hope that even a fledgling designer wouldn't waste 2/3 of a yard sign when simply increasing the point size to fill up the available space would make the sign legible.

Richard
-------
XML Press
New from XML Press:
Learning Author-it
http://xmlpress.net/publications/learning-author-it




On Nov 5, 2012, at 12:28 PM, John Allred wrote:

> I'd lay that one off to a fledgling designer eager to display some newfound artistic skill.
>
> John
>
> On Nov 5, 2012, at 11:42 AM, Richard L Hamilton <dick -at- rlhamilton -dot- net> wrote:
>
>> I recently saw a picture (can't locate it now) of a lawn sign for a local school board candidate that had the candidate's name in Comic Sans, in a too-small typeface. Then, to add insult to injury, the rest of the text (something like "for school board") was so small that it was unreadable for anyone driving by.
>>
>> In this case, I don't think the candidate intended to use Comic Sans so that you would be more sympathetic to his/her message:-).
>>
>> Richard
>> -------
>> XML Press
>> New from XML Press:
>> The Content Pool
>> http://xmlpress.net/publications/the-content-pool
>>
>> On Nov 5, 2012, at 9:03 AM, Porrello, Leonard wrote:
>>
>>> Comic Sans would be appropriate on several levels.
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: techwr-l-bounces+lporrello=illumina -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com [mailto:techwr-l-bounces+lporrello=illumina -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com] On Behalf Of Gene Kim-Eng
>>> Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2012 8:24 AM
>>> To: Keith Hood
>>> Cc: TECHWR- L
>>> Subject: Re: A new point about fonts to argue and speculate over
>>>
>>> So we need a law requiring all political ads to use Comic Sans?
>>>
>>> Gene Kim-Eng
>>>
>>> On 11/3/2012 5:48 PM, Keith Hood wrote:
>>>> I just read an article that basically says you can make people change the intensity of their feelings on issues if you force them to read about the issues in a font that is difficult for them.
>>>
>>>
>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>> Writer Tip: Create 10 different outputs with Doc-To-Help -- including Mobile and EPUB.
>>>
>>> Read all about them: http://bit.ly/doc-to-help-10-outputs
>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>
>>> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as dick -at- rlhamilton -dot- net -dot-
>>>
>>> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
>>> techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>>
>>>
>>> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
>>> http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and info.
>>>
>>> Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at http://techwhirl.com
>>>
>>> Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives
>>
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> Writer Tip: Create 10 different outputs with Doc-To-Help -- including Mobile and EPUB.
>>
>> Read all about them: http://bit.ly/doc-to-help-10-outputs
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as john2 -at- allrednet -dot- com -dot-
>>
>> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
>> techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
>>
>>
>> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
>> http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and info.
>>
>> Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at http://techwhirl.com
>>
>> Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives
>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Writer Tip: Create 10 different outputs with Doc-To-Help -- including Mobile and EPUB.

Read all about them: http://bit.ly/doc-to-help-10-outputs
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com


Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at http://techwhirl.com

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives


References:
when is it ok to leave a contract job?: From: Becca
Re: when is it ok to leave a contract job?: From: Gene Kim-Eng
Re: when is it ok to leave a contract job?: From: Lisa G Wright
Re: when is it ok to leave a contract job?: From: Lauren
Re: when is it ok to leave a contract job?: From: Lisa G Wright
Re: when is it ok to leave a contract job?: From: Lauren
A new point about fonts to argue and speculate over: From: Keith Hood
Re: A new point about fonts to argue and speculate over: From: Gene Kim-Eng
RE: A new point about fonts to argue and speculate over: From: Porrello, Leonard
Re: A new point about fonts to argue and speculate over: From: Richard L Hamilton
Re: A new point about fonts to argue and speculate over: From: John Allred

Previous by Author: Re: A new point about fonts to argue and speculate over
Next by Author: Re: Laid Off
Previous by Thread: Re: A new point about fonts to argue and speculate over
Next by Thread: Re: A new point about fonts to argue and speculate over


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads