Re: question re: TW to Quality Management

Subject: Re: question re: TW to Quality Management
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Alison Wyld <alison -dot- wyld -at- wyld-home -dot- net>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 07:29:58 -0800

You don't actually have to be a QA professional to implement a QMS. I've seen it done by small startups that didn't have a QA dept yet.

The important things are to document everything you want an ISO auditor to verify and don't document anything you don't want an auditor to check. There is no requirement in ISO to document everything you do, but when the auditor shows up, you'd better be doing everything you documented the way you documented it.

Remember that creating your QMS is like tying the noose you may be hung with. Don't make it so tight that you can't slip out of it if you have to.

Gene Kim-Eng

On 11/19/2012 1:14 AM, Alison Wyld wrote:

Many thanks to all who took the trouble to reply to my ill-spelled question
on this subject. There is a lot of expereince out there !

The actual role we are talking about is the job of putting in place a
Quality Management System (maybe ISO9K...) for a smallish software company.
Based on my reading and on various input from readers of this list, I think
it could work out.

Writer Tip: Create 10 different outputs with Doc-To-Help -- including Mobile and EPUB.

Read all about them: http://bit.ly/doc-to-help-10-outputs