RE: Elementwise userguide

Subject: RE: Elementwise userguide
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: "Kay A. Pentecost" <kayp -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com>, Ken Stitzel <kstitzel -at- symplified -dot- com>, Tech Whirl <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 12:09:19 -0800

Kay A. Pentecost wrote:

> What is the standard now for referring to images in the file? Word
> won't make a link to a page number, and I've been using (see above)
> when the image is above the text.
> Also, for User Manual type documents, are people now using "Figure" for
> captions? The document I inherited uses "Exhibit."

How is this related to "Elementwise" user guides?

In any case, Word certainly lets you create page-number cross-references. And I suspect that different people use different terms for their figure captions, although I'd bet that "Figure" is more popular than "Exhibit" by several orders of magnitude. :-)

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom
rgcombs AT gmailDOTcom

Writer Tip: Create 10 different outputs with Doc-To-Help -- including Mobile and EPUB.

Read all about them:

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @

Re: Elementwise userguide: From: Kay A. Pentecost

Previous by Author: RE: pc keyboard that's "springy" like the Mac's ?
Next by Author: RE: Refering to images
Previous by Thread: RE: Elementwise userguide
Next by Thread: TCS v4: Where's Photoshop?!

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads