Re: WebHelp: Visited Links Are Multi-Colored

Subject: Re: WebHelp: Visited Links Are Multi-Colored
From: "Meryl R. Cohen" <merylster -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Keith Hansen <Keith -dot- Hansen -at- opensolutions -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 13:46:35 -0500

Delurking ...

Okay, this is based upon general CSS knowledge since I don't know RH. In
CSS later statements override earlier statements. Later loaded files
override earlier files. Specific overrides more general.

The easiest thing to try is to put your link code at the end of your CSS
file. If this works you win.

But if RH has other CSS files that get loaded automatically and after
yours, you have to actually think about this.
Is there anything special and different about the multicolor links? Are
they some type of header, for example. It looks like there is a text style
of some type that is overriding your link style, and turning the text green
again. But just the texty part, not the linky part. So you would need to
add something to alter the text style, but you may not want to go there.

Purple and Green happen to be my favorite colors, but I'm wondering why you
want to change the default link colors that people are used to. Are the new
colors better for screen readers, people who are color blind? Do they match
the company colors in some way?

HTH
Meryl