Re: Recruiting dilemma

Subject: Re: Recruiting dilemma
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 16:43:49 -0800

The recruiter has had her chance (and it's an exceptional one), so I'm
taking matters into my own hands. I just emailed this to the HR folks:

I was solicited by <*recruiter*> at <*agency*> last Friday afternoon
regarding the open editor position at <*organization*>. Since my
qualifications match your requirements one-on-one and I'm keenly interested
in all facets of <*entity*> matters, I'm excited about the possibility of
working for your organization.

I verified yesterday morning that <*recruiter*> is in receipt of my cover
letter, resume and professional endorsements, but have yet to hear back
from her regarding her potential submittal to you on my behalf. If this is
not an exclusive agency contract, I'm seeking permission to submit my cover
letter, resume and professional endorsements directly to you so as not to
be overlooked. Would this be alright, or is it best to simply wait until I
hear back from <*recruiter*>?

In this way the organization is 1) alerted regarding my interest and 2)
they can clearly spell out the rules by which I have to play if I'm to be
considered. A third benefit to this gambit is I potentially get to discover
what the recruiter's true role is in all of this.

Thanks to all for helping me think this through.
STC Vice President Nicky Bleiel is giving a free webinar on best practices
for creating mobile help.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/WNaCzd