Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for February 15, 2013
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 14:03:02 -0500

I bet if we did a survey, we’d find more than a few folks who prefer to let
February 14th pass as just another day of the month. But based on the
technical communicators and content experts I know, as a general rule, we’d
hang onto the chocolate. In my estimation this means we have our priorities
in the proper order.

Priorities in the proper order this week means *a lot* of interesting
debate on the Techwr-l email discussion list on a particular recruiting
dilemma <http://www.techwr-l.com/archives/1302/techwhirl-1302-00066.html>that
many of us face, the most effective use of screen
captures in documentation<http://www.techwr-l.com/archives/1302/techwhirl-1302-00033.html#.UR6CJqWSqSo>,
and a shared discussion with the Framers list on a FrameMaker 11
intermittent crash problem (with thanks to Dov Isaacs and Kapil Verma of
Adobe for providing useful insight). Getting a job, understanding
methodology and working with tools—seems like a very good priority to us.

about the number of different
resumes<http://techwhirl.com/technical-communication-poll-resume-alternatives/>you
keep active. Craig Cardimon curates
another great week of
commentary<http://techwhirl.com/tech-writer-this-week-feb-14-2013/>on
content, UX and technical communication, and Jacquie Samuels issues a
call
to action for content
strategists<http://techwhirl.com/content-strategists-a-call-to-action/>.
We’ve published more great material on our content management systems
research area <http://techwhirl.com/content-management-systems/>, and we’ve
always got news and boatloads of opportunities on the TechWhirl job board.

So much to do, so little time… but first a little chocolate…

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>**
:*

- Tech Writer This Week February 14, 2013, by Craig Cardimon |
http://bit.ly/XAHxW7
- Technical Communication Poll: Resume Alternatives |
http://bit.ly/Y98Gze
- Content Strategists: A Call to Action, by Jacquie Samuels |
http://bit.ly/126Z9R7

*Technical Communication news on
http://TechWhirl.com/news<http://techwhirl.com/news>
:*

- SDL Helps Enterprises Translate Big Data into Big Language |
http://bit.ly/UnAi81
- Majority of Brands Knowingly Fail with Sub-Standard User Experience |
http://bit.ly/14SC2rW

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special “thank you” to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>,* *Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>
**

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl
EPUB Webinar: Join STC Vice President Nicky Bleiel as she discusses tips for creating EPUB, the file format used for e-readers, tablets, smartphones, and more.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/12LyN2z