Re: Yahoo!'s telecommute policy

Subject: Re: Yahoo!'s telecommute policy
From: beelia <beelia -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 11:42:05 -0800

Now that I've read the article explaining her rationale, I understand why
she's doing it. It's true that some people aren't disciplined enough to
work alone, or the conditions in their home environments are too
distracting for them to focus on their jobs.

But this decision is throwing out the baby with the bathwater. They need to
separate out those employees who don't do well at home from those who do.
Maybe the telecommuting policy at Yahoo will change back after the problems
have been sorted out.

Tech writers in particular need the peace and quiet of a home office to get
quality work done. A lot of Silicon Valley companies have gone to
cubicle-less environments that are bad for employees who need to focus. For
that reason, you couldn't pay me enough to work at Facebook.

Bee