Re: Robohelp 10 "Error occurred while creating topic..." issue

Subject: Re: Robohelp 10 "Error occurred while creating topic..." issue
From: "William Sherman" <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>
To: "techwrl" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 16:28:34 -0500

Ah, it has been awhile but I did run into such a problem a few years ago. It was based on the file being opened and not closing correctly or deleted outside of RoboHelp. There is a folder that tracks the files, and if you edit it to delete the file name, it should go back to working correctly. It was similar to editing a RH HTM file with something other than RH. Yes, it is an HTML file, but edit with a text editor or a different HTML editor, and RH doesn't like it at all.

I don't have that computer or the folder with all the files, so I can't point you to the file, but there was a configuration file that had them. I just don't remember the name now. If you open RH and change just one file, and then save, it should pop those files to the top of the list when sorted by date. You also have to delete the file from inside RH in the topic setup window, I believe. It was like the fourth tab in or something like that.

Sorry I can't help more, but without it running, I don't know the windows or the file names.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Scattini" <jeff -dot- scattini -at- gmail -dot- com>