RE: Outlook, thunderbird, or...

Subject: RE: Outlook, thunderbird, or...
From: Debbie Hemstreet <D_Hemstreet -at- rambam -dot- health -dot- gov -dot- il>
To: John G <john -at- garisons -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 14:03:52 +0000

I've been thinking about that, but quite truthfully, I was at a conference earlier this month and one of the speakers was talking about Google and what information they have access to. It chilled my bones. It made me realize that nothing is private, safe, or secure anymore. All well and good to be protected from hackers, but what is to prevent governments from demanding access to email.

It's a quandary for me. I want to save everything, but am afraid of losing content due to a bad disk or SW corruption; but I also have emails that are extremely confidential. I sign confidentiality statements with my clients and would hate to see something leaked because of email issues. That is why I have email on my own domains for work.

What about the rest of you? I know there are a lot of contractors here. How do you handle confidential emails between yourselves and clients?

Deborah