Re: Laying out large user manuals

Subject: Re: Laying out large user manuals
From: Joe Weinmunson <litlfrog -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- polycom -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 13:13:40 -0500

Oh, I don't use Notepad! . . . I use Notepad++. Yes, all hand-coded HTML.
:) The company doesn't own a HAT. I've got various ways I can get
everything into a PDF, that's easy enough. I was just wondering if anyone
had taken the time or found a tool that could take content designed as
separate help topics and move them into a print-friendly format that could
do things like keep headlines with text, place and wrap screenshots, etc.
It sounds like I might just stick with converting to a PDF. I'll start a
longer-term project to make something a little more attractive with desktop
publishing software, maybe a color introductory manual in InDesign or
Scribus.

--
Joe Weinmunson

“What you read when you don’t have to determines what you will be when you
can’t help it.”
--Oscar Wilde
EPUB Webinar: Join STC Vice President Nicky Bleiel as she discusses tips for creating EPUB, the file format used for e-readers, tablets, smartphones, and more.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/12LyN2z