Jobs.... Benefits...

Subject: Jobs.... Benefits...
From: Robert Courtney <bobsc1 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- TECHWR-L -dot- COM
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 19:14:52 -0700

I wanted to put out a question. I am getting job offers from the great head hunters of the world. I keep telling them I am looking for something local. And I sometimes get it.

My real question is that I really am looking for a position with benefits. I need medical and dental. I am not used to contract work. And I am not used to working without having benefits. My last position was with a company that contracted to the company I was working for. And, their benefits were ok. But, since I left them, I am finding that it is difficult to find a position that will give me benefits. Either for a contractor or direct hire. So far, it has only been contract work.

What does one do to find work, contract or perm, that will accommodate benefits? Either I increase my fees to cover the medical/dental or they offer them? I am getting really discouraged in this new business model. I have always been a direct hire and no contract. Now, the new model has me confused and upset.

Thanks for any ideas.

--
Bobby

EPUB Webinar: Join STC Vice President Nicky Bleiel as she discusses tips for creating EPUB, the file format used for e-readers, tablets, smartphones, and more.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/12LyN2z