RE: Hiring TW without a test

Subject: RE: Hiring TW without a test
From: Dana Worley <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: Jen <jennee -at- gmail -dot- com>, Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:48:12 +0000

I hate to be critical (well, maybe just a little), but if you are hiring a team of inexperienced writers, when to use bullets and when to use numbers is the least of your worries. IMO, the trivial details of technical writing are not going to make or break your team. Whether or not they have a good command of the language and are able to put their thoughts down in writing, clearly and concisely, are where you should focus your efforts.

I agree with Gene (I think it was) who suggested conducting prescreening interviews via email.

Dana W.