Re: remove spaces from Word

Subject: Re: remove spaces from Word
From: sphilip <philstokes03 -at- googlemail -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com (techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 22:35:56 +0700

Richard Combs wrote:
> Just remember to run it multiple times in case there are instances of three, four, or more spaces. Run it until Words tells you the Find string wasn't found.

In fact, this is what occasioned the question. In sed I can do all that in one command, with something like

sed s/' \{2,9\}/ '/g

which will take out anything from 2 up to 9 spaces (9 is arbitrary - I just figure I'm not going to find more than that, but I could make that final number anything up t o 255).

What I was wondering was which was the least work : convert all the word files into plain text, run them through sed, put them back into Word OR could I do it all in Word with an already existing macro?

Best

Phil
http://applehelpwriter.com

EPUB Webinar: Join STC Vice President Nicky Bleiel as she discusses tips for creating EPUB, the file format used for e-readers, tablets, smartphones, and more.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/12LyN2z