Need a word

Subject: Need a word
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 16:01:05 -0700

Imagine two amoeba-like shapes, one smaller than the other. Both are only
represented by their outlines. The smaller amoeba outline appears to have
been ingested by the larger amoeba outline, but its boundary does touch
that of its larger brethren.

I'm looking for an adjective to describe this condition that is similar to
concentric or conjoined, neither of which are 100% accurate in describing
this item. The best I've come up with to date is to describe the larger
amoeba as the "surrounding region" of the smaller amoeba.

EPUB Webinar: Join STC Vice President Nicky Bleiel as she discusses tips for creating EPUB, the file format used for e-readers, tablets, smartphones, and more.

Learn more:


You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @


Previous by Author: Re: remove spaces from Word
Next by Author: Re: Need a word
Previous by Thread: Good grammar victory in England
Next by Thread: Re: Need a word

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads