Copy/paste table formatting in Word?

Subject: Copy/paste table formatting in Word?
From: "Janoff, Steven" <Steven -dot- Janoff -at- ga -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 13:14:05 -0700

Hi Whirlers,

Is there a quick way to copy/paste table formatting in Word 2010 (Windows 7)?

I have a doc with maybe 50 tables in sections all labeled "Supporting Documents." 2-column table, with doc numbers on the left and doc titles on the right.

I select the table handle and set AutoFit to Window - this gives the table a width of 100%.

I then want to set the left column to 17%.

Really these are the main two things, and want to leave the table alone otherwise. (There may end up being a third setting having to do with row height but so far so good.)

I know I could go through the doc, do the AutoFit and then Ctrl-Y to repeat that for each table, then do the left-column sizing and repeat that with Ctrl-Y.

But I'd like to just select each table handle, right-click and somehow paste the formatting of those two settings in one swoop.

I don't necessarily want to create a custom table format, but if that's the only option, it might be worth it. (I don't think this will be the last time I have to do this task.)

I know there's copy/paste paragraph formatting via Shift-Ctrl-C and Shift-Ctrl-V.

Anything similar for table format? Not finding anything viable through the usual Google search.

Thanks,

Steve

Learn more: http://bit.ly/13xpg5n