RE: New TechWhirl Poll: Wearable Computers Changing Tech Comm?

Subject: RE: New TechWhirl Poll: Wearable Computers Changing Tech Comm?
From: "Al Geist" <al -at- geistarts -dot- com>
To: "'Chris Despopoulos'" <despopoulos_chriss -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 08:49:08 -0400

While I agree with a lot of what Chris says, I have to take exception to his
comment "I LOOK at my surroundings rather than collect images in a digital
camera..."

I've been looking through at the world through my cameras since way before
digital and I have to say that I have not missed any of my surroundings. In
fact, I often see more than most of the people around me. If you don't want
to take pictures, then that's okay, but don't look down on those of us who
do. Get a macro lens and you will find more in the half-acre surrounding you
(regardless of where you are standing) than you could ever imagine just
looking..... Instead of simply looking at your surroundings, look at them
with the eye of an artist....imagine the subject that captured your interest
from different angles and use everything in the viewfinder to draw others to
what interested you. When you do that, you will see far more than simple
surroundings. I agree that most people don't go any farther than snap a
picture of Uncle Clem and Aunt Emily in front of the big painted rock....but
you don't have to be like most people.

As for the TW tie in....I also use my camera extensively to illustrate the
documents I write. SolidWorks drawings work much of the time, but there are
those things that require more than a drawing. My photography experience,
especially with macrophotography, has come in handy more than once to
capture that image needed to support and clarify the text.

Al Geist-Geist Arts, LLC
Fine Art Photography - Exceptional Note Cards
Mobile: 231-301-5770
E-mail: al -at- geistarts -dot- com
Website: www.geistarts.com
geistarts.zenfolio.com
Blog: www.gooterschmeltz.com
Facebook: Geist Arts
See Also:
Technical Communication, Help, Documentation Management

?We can?t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used to
create them." (Albert Einstein)

Learn more: http://bit.ly/13xpg5n