Background checks (was Advice needed for an upcoming interview)

Subject: Background checks (was Advice needed for an upcoming interview)
From: Julie Stickler <jstickler -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: William Sherman <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 15:06:28 -0400

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 5:30 PM, William Sherman
<bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>wrote:

> I cannot say enough bad things about HireRight and their inability to do
> background checks. In three weeks, they couldn't verify my high school. In
> 10 minutes, I could. I even had the people at the school waiting for their
> call and HireRight still couldn't do it.

Agreed. At my previous job we had hired another writer and had already
brought her on board. She had previously held a Top Secret clearance with
the US government, but HireRight took several weeks (two or three if I
recall correctly) before they were able to finish getting us her clearance.

When they had done MY clearance for the same job they couldn't verify my
college degree (no surprise, I've dealt with my University's registrar's
office before) but then also go hung up on how to verify my employment at a
company that had failed and no longer existed. A not uncommon experience
in the start-up software world.

--
Julie Stickler
http://heratech.wordpress.com/