RE: a word for... "access" (noun form, e.g., permission)

Subject: RE: a word for... "access" (noun form, e.g., permission)
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Monique Semp <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>, TechWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 12:00:54 -0400

The security industries refer to Access Control with no worries about ambiguity.
And it's often used in proximity to "permission", so the distinction and the paring are already prevalent. No need to reinvent.

If you are really uncomfortable with it, you could try "validation", but that's got its own baggage.