Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for August 23, 2013
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 06:06:49 -0400

We're cruising into the last full weekend of August noting that most
technical communicators must be finished with summer holiday plans. This
completely unscientific statement is based on the fact that you could hear
crickets around the email discussion list <http://techwr-l.com/> last week,
and this week you can find all sorts of conversations, from illegal file
name characters, to the future of manuals, to punctuation, CMS graphics
links, and use of animation.

Get your weekend started right with a little summer rerun (translation
projects) a new poll question (which could use some more votes AND at least
one or two comments), the debut of Marcia Riefer Johnston’s new column,
Word Wise (a new must read for anyone wanting to polish up their writing),
and Tech Writer This Week’s curated gems from around the web.

A little coffee, a few household chores, and the tech comm recap make for
the perfect weekend … well at least to us.

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>**
:*

- Tech Writer This Week for August 22, 2013 | http://bit.ly/14GyQhm
- Word Wise: Say One Thing, by Marcia R. Johnston | http://bit.ly/19HJtIF
- The Future of Printed and Bound Books (Poll) | http://bit.ly/1dnIxbv
- Summer Rerun: Ten Steps to Make Your Technical Translation Project a
Success | http://bit.ly/N8FyqD

*Technical Communication news on
http://TechWhirl.com/news<http://techwhirl.com/news>
:*

- MadWorld 2014 Schedule Announced | http://ow.ly/2zdP3W
- HelpIQ Releases Mobile and Tablet Feature | http://ow.ly/2zdhkO

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special “thank you” to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>,* *Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>
**

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University
<http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

<http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl