Re: Best tablet for writing/editing

Subject: Re: Best tablet for writing/editing
From: Mike Starr <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 13:01:37 -0500

If you're used to working in a Windows environment, working with an Android tablet is going to (IMHO) be a lot more grief than you want in terms of being productive. I had a Motorola Xoom (Ice Cream Sandwich) and while it's fine for browsing the web, it's not by any stretch of the imagination something I'd use for productivity. The onscreen keyboard is just not something I'd want to use for being productive. When I accidentally broke the Xoom, I looked around and found a refurb Fujitsu tablet with Windows 7 on it. It also came with a Bluetooth keyboard and Bluetooth stylus. I'm tickled pink with it. I also use a USB wireless mouse.

I've never tinkered around with an iPad so I can't offer an opinion there but folks love 'em. I do not, however, know if they're attempting to be productive with 'em.

Best Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - WordPress Websites

On 2013-09-01 11:52 am, Craig Cardimon wrote:

Afternoon Whirlers,

I'm looking around for a tablet (as inexpensive as possible). I want
to use the tablet for writing and editing.

The tablet could replace my venerable Windows XP laptop. Suggestions
and recommendations?

--
Cordially,
Craig Cardimon