Re: RE: Chapters must start on recto page???

Subject: Re: RE: Chapters must start on recto page???
From: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 15:40:08 -0500 (CDT)

Thanks, Margaret. That sounds like a fine system; obviously your
company still takes actual, physical print seriously!

--Nancy

On 09/03/13, Margaret Cekis<Margaret -dot- Cekis -at- comcast -dot- net> wrote:

Nancy Allison asked whether, " Chapters must start on recto page???"
_________________________________
Nancy,
At a recent position where I worked, I prepared two files for every
manual.
One had "_Print" at the end of the manual names, and the other ones
were
labeled "_Online". The copies the company distributed as downloadable
PDF
files, were made from the "_Online" versions. Then if a customer or
user
viewed the manual online or even downloaded it and printed it on a
simple
(one-side) desktop printer, there were no blank pages. If a client
company
wanted to distribute printed copies to their employees, we sent them
the
"_Print" versions, which they could print on their own duplex printers,
or
send out to a printing vendor for printed and bound copies. This made
everyone happy.
I set up each manual with sectional numbering, so deleting the blank
pages
for the online version did not change the page numbers in the TofC.
After I
created the formal; "_Print " version, and made the PDF, I want back,
made a
copy of the file, renamed it "_Online", deleted any blank pages, and
made a
new PDF . We archived both versions, but expected client companies to
produce their own printed manuals. YMMV
Margaret Cekis, Johns Creek GA

Learn more: http://bit.ly/ZeOZeQ