RE: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for September 6 2013

Subject: RE: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for September 6 2013
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>, Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 21:02:34 -0400

We moved into our newly-refurbished (small!) cubes just two weeks ago.
As soon as I unpacked and connected everything, and achieved a semblance of order, I looked at the included white-board.
The new cubes are short (as well as narrow and shallow), with a glass pane above the metal-and-fabric wall.
The new whiteboards are cube accessories that exactly fit across one panel (hooking into the vertical strips at each edge of a panel) and are about 14 inches tall, from just above the desktop to just below the glass.
It looks like a shelf that folds down against the wall when not in use.
My cube is against a window, so I have cube walls on only two sides. Either of those two positions leaves the whiteboard either unreachable or almost completely obscured.
So on the one little section that was unobstructed, I wrote "This space intentionally left blank."
It gets mostly chuckles.
It gets the occasional head-scratch.
It got a miffed "harrumph" from the HR manager.
She said: "Can't you think of a better use for your resources?"
I said: "You tell me. Take your time."
After a couple of abortive not-quite-suggestions, she gave up and left.
High-fives all around the local cuberhood. :-)