Re: SD Times: Tech Writers Should Be Pigs, Not Chickens

Subject: Re: SD Times: Tech Writers Should Be Pigs, Not Chickens
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 09:25:41 -0700

What documentation a software product requires is not affected by the
development method used to produce it. If the features and functions
are the same, the users need the same information, whether the
developers who created them used agile methods or waterfall methods.

I don't know what "agile has its own protocol" is supposed to mean. I
have yet to see an agile method that gives any consideration to
documentation. The same is true for the couple of formal definitions
I've seen for waterfall development. Tech writers are on our own to
figure out a process that works.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/ZeOZeQ