Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for December 6, 2013
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 13:57:13 -0500

With the first set of holiday shenanigans—naps, American football, family
arguments, binge shopping, and traffic jams—behind us, and a few weeks
before the next set, we’ve decided to make hay (or perhaps holiday cookies)
while the sun shines, and continue giving you interesting and useful
content on subjects that matter to technical communication, content
strategy and customer experience management professionals.

Two informative summaries on important LavaCon sessions--video
accessibility and translation best practices—provide some eye-opening
information you need to know. Alyssa Fox presents the latest in her series
on Agile and Tech Comm, and of course the weekly roundup of the good stuff
that comes out on other sites.

And while it took a couple of days for the community forums and email
discussion list to rev back up after the US Thanksgiving holidays, they did
so with a vengeance. Check out the discussions on server requirements for
hosting help, documentation part numbers, security audits, file naming
conventions, book recommendations, and intranets. It’s all good, and it’s
why the TechWhirl community is the best there is.

Have a great weekend.

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on <>*

- Tech Writer This Week for December 5, 2013 |
- LavaCon 2013: Accessibility in Video Production, by Jill Viers |
- Agile and Tech Comm: Viewing the Agile Process through Executives’
Eyes, Alyssa Fox |
- LavaCon 2013: Translation Headaches Cured: Best Practices for the
Buyers of Translations, by Ryan Minaker |

*Technical Communication news on

- Doc-To-Help 2013 v2 Debuts Responsive Output and Interactive Widgets

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes |
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) |

Sponsored Posts

- Scriptorium: Minimum viable
- MadCap Software: Page Layouts vs. Master
- EasyDITA: How to Calculate the ROI of a DITA
- Adobe Systems: Guest Blog: Like Beads on a String: Structured,
Topic-Based Authoring in

We want to send a very special “thank you” to our sponsors for their

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <>, Madcap

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University <>

Helping the world explore the art of content and communication

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday

Learn more: