RE: Version number question

Subject: RE: Version number question
From: "Robart, Kay" <Kay -dot- Robart -at- tea -dot- state -dot- tx -dot- us>
To: Hannah Drake <hannah -at- formulatrix -dot- com>, Jim Witkin <jameswitkin -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 16:01:56 +0000

I would consider it two new manuals, and start each with v 1.0. I don't think most users pay any attention to the versioning unless they are comparing two versions to see which one is the most recent. I think continuing the version might make any users that noticed wonder why they haven't seen the previous versions of those two manuals.

If you decide to continue the numbering, then probably start at 3.0, to indicate they are getting something substantially different.

Kay R.