Re: Problem with my XP system - Question

Subject: Re: Problem with my XP system - Question
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: Jim Jones <han4yu3 -at- gmail -dot- com>, Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 11:37:48 -0800

That's a common symptom with various possible causes, including file
corruption caused by a failing hard drive. That's the first thing I'd
look at, since it's the one moving part that is guaranteed to wear out

Often if you boot from another drive you can copy your data files off
the problem drive. Then you can troubleshoot to see if it's really
failing or if something else is the issue.

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Jim Jones <han4yu3 -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:
... Windows hangs up when I try to start ...

Learn more:

Problem with my XP system - Question: From: Jim Jones