Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for January 31, 2014
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 09:33:11 -0500

Such a newsy couple of weeks in the world of technical communication and
content management. New releases, new partnerships and alliances, new ideas
for productivity, new jobs (or new titles at least). We try to keep up with
it all, and even feature a few of the bigger news items for further
perusal. Then just to keep conversation flowing, we throw in a new poll
question to vote on and debate over.

Your thoughts, whether new ideas or upgraded opinions are important to the
conversation and the community. Staying on top of where tech comm, content
strategy, customer experience management converge can be a fulltime job,
and a big part of that is understanding how the tools and the trends affect
the content professionals we work and network with on a regular basis. With
the Intelligent Content Conference a few weeks away, we're looking forward
to getting that feedback in person. But in the meantime, we love hearing
from you, your opinions about the topics we're covering, your ideas about
the topics we should be covering.

Post a comment via the community forums <http://community.techwhirl.com/>,
start or respond to a thread on the email discussion
list<http://www.techwr-l.com/>.
Or stand up and shout really loud in our direction--we'll find those tin
cans and string somewhere around here and shout back at ya.

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>*
*:*

- Tech Writer This Week for January 23 2014 | http://bit.ly/1b9NMZ1
- Intelligent Content Conferences Features Speakers Who Break Down
Barriers, by Jill Viers | http://bit.ly/1eAisU6
- The Help Files: Getting Stuff Done in the New Year, by Craig Cardimon
| http://bit.ly/1goaWm6
- TransPerfect and Vasont Systems Merger: on the Path to a "One-Stop
Solution" for Global Clients | http://bit.ly/1e8wNup
- Still Relevant User Support Documentation? (poll |
http://bit.ly/1f4VRAp

*Technical Communication news on http://TechWhirl.com/news
<http://techwhirl.com/news>:*

- DeltaXML and IXIASOFT Join Forces to Streamline Change in DITA Docs |
http://ow.ly/2DptFV
- Acrolinx Introduces Version 4.0 to Help Organizations Find Their Voice
| http://bit.ly/1cs4pTH
- SDL Customer Experience Cloud(tm) to Deliver Personalized Customer
Experiences | http://ow.ly/2DmmZD
- iPerceptions Launches Patent-Pending Intent Recognition Engine for CXM
| http://w.ly/2DleDN
- Scientel Releases World's 1st General Content Appliance for ECM |
http://ow.ly/2DiTOX

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page - what's happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

Sponsored Posts

- MadCap Software: Five Signs It's Time To Bring On a
Consultant<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/2014/01/21/5-signs-its-time-to-bring-on-a-consultant/>
- Scriptorium: Strange bedfellows: InDesign and
DITA<http://www.scriptorium.com/2014/01/strange-bedfellows-indesign-and-dita/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=strange-bedfellows-indesign-and-dita>
- Adobe Systems: Technical Communication Suite 5: Month-to-Month
Subscription Discontinued, Only Annual Subscription Plan
Available<http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2014/01/technical-communication-suite-5-month-to-month-subscription-discontinued-only-annual-subscription-plan-available.html>
- EasyDITA: How to turn a product developer's questions into
useable FAQs<http://easydita.com/how-to-turn-product-developer-questions-into-useable-faqs/>

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special "thank you" to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>, Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>,
easyDITA<http://easydita.com/>

Helping the world explore the art of content and communication

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl
Doc-To-Help: new website, content widgets, and an output that works on any screen.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/1eRs4NS