Re: blinking, flashing, pulsating, fading

Subject: Re: blinking, flashing, pulsating, fading
From: Charlotte Branth Claussen <charlotteclaussen -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 15:29:18 +0100

Thanks for all the comments.

In the case at hand, I believe that blinking and pulsating would describe
the two different status indications perfectly.

The xxx----xxx solution won't fit in our case as the rhythm is the exact
same - only difference is whether the LED turns entirely off or only fades
down a little. (I will remember the idea for later use though)

Should I be worried about ESL readers and localization when using these
terms?
For instance, pulsating can be translated to my native language, Danish,
but would not be the immediate choice for a lay person when describing
light. Additionally, people would not know the difference between blinking
and pulsating.
When used in manuals delivered in Danish, I usually see an explanation
added when it is first mentioned.

In the case at hand, it is not critical. When made aware that there are two
different patterns, our users will be able to easily learn the difference
by doing a quick test.

A wink to all,
Charlotte
Doc-To-Help 2014 v1 now available. SharePoint 2013 support, NetHelp enhancements, and more. Read all about it.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/NNcWqS