RE: Tech Comm recruiters

Subject: RE: Tech Comm recruiters
From: "Margaret Cekis" <Margaret -dot- Cekis -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "'Hannah Drake'" <hannah -at- formulatrix -dot- com>, "'techwr-l'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 16:34:23 -0400

Hannah Drake asked about advice for recruiters: "I've had a few tech comm
recruiters email me asking if I could point them to people who might be
interested in jobs in the Boston area. Any ideas? I know there is a job
posting area on tech whirl, but I'm not sure recruiters post jobs."
______________________________________
Hannah:
Recruiters who are not full-time employees of large companies with large HR
staffs generally are usually partially remunerated by commissions. Therefore
they are interested in any sources that can help them fill open positions
for their clients before someone in another organization does. When I get
email for positions I am not interested in, I decline politely and suggest
that the recruiter contact the nearest STC chapter-- STC Atlanta if the job
is in my area-- or, if they are looking for interns or newbies, to contact
the placement office at the nearest university with a tech comm program. In
this case, you could recommend the TECHCOMM JOBS page of TECHWR_L
(http://jobs.techwhirl.com/) or the website of the New England STC Chapter
in Boston (http://www.stcnewengland.org/).
Margaret Cekis, Johns Creek GA

Doc-To-Help 2014 v1 now available. SharePoint 2013 support, NetHelp enhancements, and more. Read all about it.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/NNcWqS