Re: Word retardation! Help!

Subject: Re: Word retardation! Help!
From: Mike Starr <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 15:58:29 -0500

I avoid the format painter. I endeavor to never use format overrides, using paragraph and character styles to accomplish all the text formatting I require. The only format override I use is to apply *Keep with next* to a specific paragraph. If I was a purist, I would probably create additional paragraph styles with *Keep with next* set but that just seems like overdoing it to me.

Best Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Starr, Writer
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - WordPress Websites

On 4/10/2014 11:25 AM, Jodie Gilmore wrote:

I would agree that the slow-down is probably associated with copy/pasting
from Publisher to Word.

When I paste in text from other sources (applications, the Web, etc.), I
always use Paste-->Unformatted Text, then use Word's format painter or
Styles dropdown to format the text in Word. I recommend using this method
for any new cut/pasting.

For the already-pasted text, the only thing I can think of is taking a few
extra hours (which would pay for themselves later, if they resolve the
problem) to highlight the suspect pasted text and click "Clear All" in the
Styles dropdown, then reapply formatting using format painter (based on some
un-suspect text) or the Styles.

And, I assume you HAVE tried the usual "when in doubt, reboot." J

Good luck!

Jodie Gilmore
Doc-To-Help 2014 v1 now available. SharePoint 2013 support, NetHelp enhancements, and more. Read all about it.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/NNcWqS