Re: How can I automate production of many documents with same template but different key/table-value content?

Subject: Re: How can I automate production of many documents with same template but different key/table-value content?
From: Dan Richards <danrrich -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 12:26:02 -0700

Thanks for the initial suggestions! I'm hoping production of the documents
could be done in about a week. I have no need for collaborative editing and
just need to get to PDF files at the end that I would rename/redistribute.
I do need the document template to be professional/have clean visual design
rather than look like a stock database table export for example, so want to
define the visual style of each of the ~10 tables (e.g. wrt table border,
column widths, header row naming and fonts, etc.) for example in the
document template and have whatever renders each document with the
substituted content to retain the style.

Regarding the 1000 sets of label-value and table-values content that I want
substitute into the document template, I could put it into a database if
needed, but want to find a means to script/automate the
import/mapping/layout (handling pagination, text wrapping, etc.)/rendering
to PDF of all ~1000 documents so that I do not need to intervene manually
on creating any of the documents (each would be 4-8 pages long fwiw)
assuming some script or wrapper could iterate through all 1000 and send the
content and save off the resulting PDF document for each.

If there's a particular tool (or third-party tool that could do this for
Framemaker) that seems well-suited for this it would help to know; it's the
automation of inserting content into a fixed document template with hooks
for pre-specified label-value and table-values locations/styles, and
rendering at scale that I need to find an efficient way to accomplish. Any
further ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!