Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for April 25, 2014
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 13:07:20 -0400

To be honest, I didnât have much luck trying to find a theme that ties
together all the great content we published this with discussions going on
in the TechWhirl community, and the world at large. So in the best
tradition of the *Jeopardy!* quiz show categories, consider this Potpourri.
Take a little DITA adoption, mix it with some help on email management, add
drop or two of content optimization prioritization, throw in some curated
stuff from our friends around the web, and bake it in with some cool
discussions on acrobat, word, resumes, and Markdown, and there you go.
Potpourri thatâs useful without the smelly part that makes you sneeze.

And now for the friendly reminder to participate in this amazing community
of pros: Register for the
forum<http://community.techwhirl.com/entry/register?Target=categories>or
subscribe
to the email list<http://www.techwr-l.com/frequently-asked-questions.html#subscribe>.
Donât forget to check out the archives <http://www.techwr-l.com/> for lots
of background and historical perspective on the worlds of tech comm and
content.

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>*
*:*

- Tech Writer This Week April 24, 2014 | http://bit.ly/1ihCwSg
- The Help Files: Take Your Email from E-Junk to E-Gold, by Craig
Cardimon | http://bit.ly/1mwyoNs
- Priorities for Creating Optimized Content (poll) |
http://bit.ly/1nERzoh
- Project Planning for DITA Adoption, by Jacquie Samuels |
http://bit.ly/QzFK7z

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page â whatâs happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

Sponsored Posts

- Adobe Systems: Adobe Tech Comm products continue to be available via
CLP/TLP<http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2014/04/adobe-tech-comm-products-continue-to-be-available-via-clptlp.html>
- EasyDITA: Answering your questions about
search<http://easydita.com/answering-your-questions-about-search/>
- MadCap: MadCap Flare 10.1 is Now
Available<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/2014/04/17/madcap-flare-10-1-is-now-available/>
- Scriptorium: Beware the monster of change management: THE
MAGNIFIER<http://www.scriptorium.com/2014/04/beware-the-monster-of-change-management-the-magnifier/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=beware-the-monster-of-change-management-the-magnifier>

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special âthank youâ to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>, Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>,
easyDITA<http://easydita.com/>

Helping the world explore the art of content and communication

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl
Doc-To-Help 2014 v1 now available. SharePoint 2013 support, NetHelp enhancements, and more. Read all about it.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/NNcWqS