Acrobat XI wizardry needed

Subject: Acrobat XI wizardry needed
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 15:19:33 -0700

I'm having to adapt a 250+ pp OEM user manual for this company's purposes.
I have no access to the source filesâonly the PDF. And because of all of
the included tables and graphics, my boss doesn't want me converting it to
Word (so it can edit it more easily, use macros, etc.).

For the moment I'm stuck having to use Acrobat XI Pro, which she thinks
provides all of the functionality I need to *quickly* get this thing out
the door. Although I've told her, she is unaware of the many gross errors
in the OEM versionânever mind its verbosity/redundancy.

For starters, this thing has over 100 pp of functions, each needing to be
set in a typeface that differentiates it from the narrative. I'm going nuts
having to manually change every one. I've briefly looked into creating a
custom Action, but the Action Wizard pane doesn't offer access to the *Edit
Text & Images* tool.

What I'm wanting to do is create a macro. When I highlight a word and
engage the macro, it changes its typeface. Simple to do in any macro
language (like WinBatch), but I'm at a loss since Acrobat is driven by
standard Windows keyboard commands.

Any ideas?

(If I could get boss to pop for a $199 copy of PDF2ID, I'd be done with
this thing next week.)
Doc-To-Help 2014 v1 now available. SharePoint 2013 support, NetHelp enhancements, and more. Read all about it.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/NNcWqS