Customer Experience Recognition Awards

Subject: Customer Experience Recognition Awards
From: INKtopia Admin <admin -at- inktopia -dot- net>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 18:12:34 -0400

Hi everyone,

Connie and I are proud to announce the Customer Experience Recognition
Awards (CERAs), which will be handed out at the upcoming Information
Development World Conference this October. We're partnering with the event
organizers (Scott Abel, The Content Wrangler & Val Swisher, Content Rules)
for the awards. TechWhirl is running the awards program (soup to nuts -
gathering, judging and awarding entries), while Scott and Val are helping
with the Awards Dinner.

This is a pretty exciting and big step for us since, other than covering a
few conferences, this is our first real-world event. Yes, we are venturing
into the theoretical 3rd Dimension.

About the CERAs:
*The Customer Experience Recognition Awards, or CERAs, will recognize
outstanding contributions to exceptional customer experiences by
information developers in a variety of disciplines including technical
communication, marketing, content strategy, customer support, translation,
and product management.*

We're writing to let you know that we're organizing it and encourage
everyone to submit an entry. The deadline is 5PM EDT, September 19th so
there is plenty of time. The awards event will be Thursday, October 23rd at
iDW (San Jose, CA).

Awards site: http://awards.techwhirl.com
Categories: http://awards.techwhirl.com/categories/
Submission page: http://awards.techwhirl.com/submit/
Information Development World Conference:
http://informationdevelopmentworld.com

Please contact us if you have any questions about your potential entry.

Other things we need:

- Volunteers to help us event night (taking tickets, helping people find
their tables, consuming beverages ;)
- Judges
- Help promoting the event (including an article or two on it)

Let us know if you'd like to get involved with the program. We're digital
and loathe the idea of wasting time so we'll do our best to keep things
efficient.

###

Why Customer Experience versus just Tech Comm for awards? Frankly, because
we see the work technical communicators do as critical for creating
outstanding customer experiences and see CXM as an excellent umbrella for
unified communications (Pre-Sale, Sales and Post-Sale). It answers the "so
what" question in a compelling and exciting way.

We'll keep you posted on the Awards progress and hope to see submissions
from everyone!

Take Care,
Al & Connie

*Helping the world explore the art of content and communications*
Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: *plus.google.com/+techwhirl
<https://plus.google.com/+techwhirl>*

Doc-To-Help 2014 v1 now available. SharePoint 2013 support, NetHelp enhancements, and more. Read all about it.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/NNcWqS