Re: Code for publishing PDF from Confluence

Subject: Re: Code for publishing PDF from Confluence
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 17:59:24 -0700

I find working in Confluence generally similar to working in Flare.
The XHTML source is very similar.

The huge advantage is that collaboration is super-easy. No more
wasting hours copying content from a wiki or Word to a HAT.

Formatting options are limited but I'm minimalist about that so it's
not an issue.

List indentation is automatic.

For navigation I use the built-in hierarchical page tree, which is
very similar to Flare's TOC UI.

You don't need to worry about tags. I use them only to flag pages as
internal so they don't appear in customer-facing PDFs or online help.

Scroll PDF Export generates bookmarks and optionally a traditional
front-matter TOC from the page tree. Again similar to Flare.

Scroll PDF also has an index option, I haven't used it but it seems
similar to Flare. You can define index terms with page tags and/or
with inline marker macros.

There are various ways you can format images. I don't expect or need
to edit images in my authoring tool, though there are add-ons for that
if you wanted to.

Read about how Georgia System Operation Corporation improved teamwork, communication, and efficiency using Doc-To-Help | http://bit.ly/1lRPd2l