Table mappings - RH11 to Word 2010

Subject: Table mappings - RH11 to Word 2010
From: Jen <jennee -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 18:47:27 +0300

Hi techwr-l,

I'm trying to generate Word output from RoboHelp 11 and I'm having trouble
with the table mappings.

The problem:
1. In my RH stylesheet, I have defined a table called TableStyle - it's
pretty basic, the header has a green background with white text, the entire
table has grid lines.

CSS:
table.TableStyle {
font-family: Arial;
font-size: 10pt;
border-collapse: collapse;
margin-top: 6pt;
x-1st-row: 1;
x-1st-row-name: t1st;
x-border-spacing: 0px;
}
table.TableStyle td {
padding-left: 6pt;
padding-right: 0pt;
padding-top: 0pt;
padding-bottom: 3pt;
border: 1px solid #000000;
}
table.TableStyle tr.t1st td {
color: #ffffff;
font-family: Arial;
font-size: 10pt;
text-transform: uppercase;
background-color: #8cc370;

2. In my Word template, I have defined a style also called TableStyle, that
looks the same as the CSS style.

3. I generate Printed Documentation out of RoboHelp, mapping my two styles
in the last dialog.

4.a. If I generated .doc, the tables don't have grid lines, the header is
transparent (not green), but the header text IS white (resulting in
"invisible" headers).
4.b. If I generated .docs, the tables don't have grid lines, but the
headers look OK (white text on green background). The green background
comes from RH however, not Word - if I change the color in the CSS, for
example I make it blue, my resulting .docx will have blue headers.

The questions: Has anyone else encountered this problem? Am I doing
something wrong in the CSS and/or Word? How can I see the style that is
applied to my "broken" tables in Word 2010? (In Word 2003, the tables did
have the correct style applied to them, sort of - meaning that it wasn't
displaying properly, but I could find TableStyle in the Styles pane, then I
could right-click, select all tables with that style, and reapply. I can't
figure out how to do this in Word 2010, and in the Design tab nothing is
selected when I click a "broken" table.)

Sorry for the novel and thanks for any help!

Jen

Read about how Georgia System Operation Corporation improved teamwork, communication, and efficiency using Doc-To-Help | http://bit.ly/1lRPd2l