Re: Questions about the work day for the Whirlers

Subject: Re: Questions about the work day for the Whirlers
From: Kari Gulbrandsen <kkgulbrandsen -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Hannah Drake <hannah -at- formulatrix -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 18:29:02 -0400

I agree -- I have found this thread really interesting. I like knowing more
about fellow list mates and how fellow tech writers work. I'm very lucky
now to have a job 5 miles away, with a flexible schedule and the ability to
work remote (from home or anywhere else of my choosing, including my
parents house in Florida).

I had a 6-month job where I did the 7-hour commute -- car -- > train -->
metro -- > bus -- > legs. It was h*ll, but I did it because I had to, and I
survived. And it prob landed me the position that I'm in now. I didn't read
any boasting or macho in the reply -- I was glad to see that I wasn't the
only one who has or had to do something like that.

I usually work 7:30 - 4, but when we're under deadline, I put in much
longer hours. But we're rewarded when we do. I enjoy what I do, so it's a
win-win situation.

Cheers!

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile