Fwd: RE: Moving from TR and ED to TC & MC, Need information on studies and work

Subject: Fwd: RE: Moving from TR and ED to TC & MC, Need information on studies and work
From: Bat-Sheva Myllys <batsheva -at- sci -dot- fi>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 03:17:41 +0200

Well, I live in Finland, so the idea of face-to-face will work far better here.
How about the rest of the world? I noticed that several members of the group mentioned that they were working as freelancers/contract communicators.
I wonder if some would be willing to share their story with me, on or off list.

Also, I am doing some training to brush up on my skills with te STC, and seriously consider taking some extra training with WritePoint (all training online and some on-demand, which is rather convenient in my case). Any comments on that from group members?

Thanks again,
Bathsheba Myllys
Finland

At 10:32 26/10/2014, you wrote:
If you are aiming for the Israeli market, telecommuting as a tech/marketing writer would be very difficult. Translations are different. Employers/clients expect F2F meetings from time to time.

Erika Yanovich
Manager, Technical Documentation Dept.
erika_y -at- rad -dot- com
T: +972-3-645-8163 | F: +972-3-649-8250