Re: Documentation collaboration - best practices and tools used?

Subject: Re: Documentation collaboration - best practices and tools used?
From: Shawn <shawn -at- cohodata -dot- com>
To: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- westnet -dot- com -dot- au>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:47:11 -0700

Good morning Stuart,

>PDF: Acrobat/Adobe Reader is very capable as a review tool as long as
reviewers are not trying to make large-scale additions.

My testing of its Shared Review via webDAV server was somewhat successful.
I think I will be able to leverage this tool, as part of my documentation
workflow. The only perplexing piece is that the PDF, to review, doesn't
seem to embed the webDAV authentication. This means that each reviewer
needs to know the user name and password to the webDAV server. That seems
rather odd and not very smart security management.

>Confluence is worth a second look. We don't use it for external documents,
but the templates and macros to support

At this time, I do not see any value in paying for this product when we
already have Google Apps as a central part of our business. On the other
hand, jira is core to our business... so I will allow the adoption of
Confluence to become more of a engineering decision.

Thanks for your input. :)

Shawn

--
*Shawn Connelly*