Re: MS Word Replace: Decrement each numerical value by 7?

Subject: Re: MS Word Replace: Decrement each numerical value by 7?
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 15:28:22 -0800

Solution found, by way of a Word numerical decrement macro provided by a UK
techwriter, Paul Beverley, at Archive Publications. Visiting his site will
get a free book of Word macros that may come in handy for one of your
projects some day.

When I created the original index using PDF Index Generator, I neglected to
exclude the first seven pages of inconsequential frontal matter and the
TOC. Then the company behind the app updated the tool and, like a fool, I
trusted my project with the unknown. In trying to recreate the index anew,
this time excluding pages 1â7, the app generated an error upon each
successive attempt. I was forced to find another route.

(I've since sent my project config file and PDF text to the app creator so
they can sort out the problem for future use.)

> Chris

Read about how Georgia System Operation Corporation improved teamwork, communication, and efficiency using Doc-To-Help | http://bit.ly/1pJ4zPa