Re: Instructional design vs. machinist uptake

Subject: Re: Instructional design vs. machinist uptake
From: Jim Jones <han4yu3 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 11:43:56 -0600

Chris, I think Greg's point is very good and something to be seriously
considered. After all the problem could be somewhere in the
people-to-people and not in the the people-to-technology channel.

And when the person wrote 'we cannot guarantee quality' my assumption is
that they cannot guarantee it to their customers, because of what they say
that they suspect is a training problem, and not that they could not
guarantee spending the money to clearly identify and completely fix their
problems [and by extension supporting 100% a new hire -you, potentially- to
'possibly' repair something].

Your response strikes me as being very good.

I'd think, along with you, that you would not want to be getting into some
situation in which you end up having to say to yourself [after such a big
move etc.] 'well I was led to believe A but really B was happening before I
came here.'

Jim Jones

Editing, Technical editing, other, including illustration

Chinese, German, and Spanish to English

Member American Translators Association

Senior Member STC [DCSA March 2009]

linkedin.com/in/jimxlat