Re: Interactive PDFs from Word -- best solution to a painful process?

Subject: Re: Interactive PDFs from Word -- best solution to a painful process?
From: ryan -dot- minaker -at- ca -dot- pwc -dot- com
To: mike -at- writestarr -dot- com
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 16:17:25 -0500

Thanks for the replies so far -- I appreciate it.

It seems like there's no easy solution to this... I did some hunting
around and found this document from Adobe:

http://blogs.adobe.com/loridefurio/files/loridefurio/DesigningForms-UE.pdf

They're saying that Word documents need to be as plain as possible. So I
re-formatted some text boxes to have a black borders as opposed to orange
and now suddenly they're recognized! Unreal that it can be this sensitive.
*sigh*

I guess my next step will be to try and strip off any formatting that's
remotely 'fancy' and see what happens. At the very least, I guess I might
be able to reduce the pain.

R.

Ryan Minaker
PwC | Digital Learning Manager, Internal Firm Services
T: +1 416 815 5007
Email: ryan -dot- minaker -at- ca -dot- pwc -dot- com
PwC Management Services LP (IFS)
PwC Tower, 18 York Street, Suite 2600, Toronto ON M5J 0B2
http://www.pwc.com/ca

From: Mike Starr <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: 01/08/2015 02:26 PM
Subject: Re: Interactive PDFs from Word -- best solution to a
painful process?
Sent by:

One would think it would work that way but it doesn't... the results
when I tried that were worse than just stripping all the fields out of
the Word document and starting over on the PDF file.

Best Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Starr, Writer
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - WordPress Websites

On 1/8/2015 1:16 PM, Dan Goldstein wrote:
> What if you first create a protected Word form, and then convert that
document to PDF? Word forms use the same elements as PDF forms: text
boxes, check boxes, etc.
Doc-To-Help: The Quickest Way to Author and Publish Online Help, Policy &
Procedure Guides, eBooks, and more using Microsoft Word |
http://bit.ly/doctohelp2015

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as ryan -dot- minaker -at- ca -dot- pwc -dot- com -dot-

http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources and
info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online
magazine at http://techwhirl.com

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public
email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives

This e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed (the "addressee") and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use that a person other than the addressee makes of this communication is prohibited and any reliance or decisions made based on it, are the responsibility of such person. We accept no responsibility for any loss or damages suffered by any person other than the addressee as a result of decisions made or actions taken based on this communication or otherwise. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this e-mail.

Ce courriel est strictement rÃservà à l'usage de la personne à qui il est adressà (le destinataire). Il peut contenir de l'information privilÃgiÃe et confidentielle. L'examen, la rÃexpÃdition et la diffusion de ce message par une personne autre que son destinataire sont interdits. Nous dÃclinons toute responsabilità à l'Ãgard des pertes ou des dommages subis par une personne autre que le destinataire par suite de dÃcisions ou de mesures fondÃes sur le contenu de cette communication ou autrement. Si vous avez reÃu ce courriel par erreur, veuillez communiquer avec son expÃditeur et en dÃtruire toutes les copies.