Re: I'm furious...

Subject: Re: I'm furious...
From: Mike Starr <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 15:49:13 -0600

I have worked with this company twice in the past... once 15 years ago and once about 10 years ago and unfortunately have lost touch with my contacts there.

Best Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Starr, Writer
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - WordPress Websites

On 1/8/2015 3:31 PM, Gene Kim-Eng wrote:

If you've already worked for this company before, you probably have contracts inside who can be tapped. If not, nothing you do now is likely to make things any worse than they already are with two different agencies putting you in at the same time. So you might as well do what makes you feel as if you've done the ethically right thing for you.

Gene Kim-Eng

On 1/8/2015 12:46 PM, beelia wrote:
Gene is usually right about these things, and he's been in a management position, so he has probably encountered such problems. But if I were in your shoes, I'd be worried about my stand on principle alienating your client. If they get involved in the battle between the agencies, they might not choose you to work for them over a "less complicated" competitor in the future (even though it's not your fault).

And you don't know the dynamic between the individuals in the offending agency and the people in the corporation. For all you know,, they are buddies on the outside. Probably not, but you have to realize there is a lot you don't know.

I would suck it up and accept the offending agency's offer for as long as the contract runs (hopefully not too long), but then never work through them again.

But only you know whether pulling their submission might cause you trouble in the future. Good luck, it's a rough situation.

Doc-To-Help: The Quickest Way to Author and Publish Online Help, Policy & Procedure Guides, eBooks, and more using Microsoft Word | http://bit.ly/doctohelp2015