Re: Future Tech Writer with Software Questions

Subject: Re: Future Tech Writer with Software Questions
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 11:40:54 -0700

My view is pretty much the opposite. I deny all knowledge of the
advanced techniques using SEQ fields and so on that some people use to
kludge Word into a semi-usable documentation authoring tool.

Using Word as the primary authoring tool for technical documentation
is a false economy. It's a safe bet that any company that does has
made many other false economies. That means that workplace suck in
many other ways, most of which you can learn about from reading
Dilbert. I would never apply for a job where Word is the primary tool
unless the were looking for someone to migrate to a professional
single-sourcing tool.

Having to convert a PDF to editable source is typically another sign
of an out-of-control company you'd be better off not working for,
unless they know they've made a mess and are hiring you to clean it
up.

Learn more about Adobe Technical Communication Suite (2015 Release) | http://bit.ly/1FR7zNW